Thursday, January 25, 2007

Attention Grandparents

I received an email from my mother-in-law yesterday that I found very cool.

Being the wonderful "Nannie" that she is, she continues to want to learn and read about any issues or specifics related to being a grandma of adopted kids. She contacted AARP to see if there were any books, organizations, etc.

What she was told was that AARP has received numerous calls on this topic as of late, and although they don't have anything organized right now, they are seriously planning on writting an article or two on the subject in one of their upcomming newsletters.

So all of you AARP people out there, stay tuned to your newsletters. One of these days, you'll find an article related to adoption.

.... and you can say you read it first here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the news with the world, Ryan. I am looking forward to learning more and am still hoping for some great resources to surface on grandparenting internationally adopted children. I'll follow-up with the AARP folks again soon. As an added note, I guess that being a grandparent and eligible for AARP membership go hand in hand -- it is just so hard to admit that I have now reached the AARP stage of life.