Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Who else was adopted?

I thought it would be fun today to list some notable individuals who were adopted:

  • Dave Thomas - Founder of Wendy's. Although I don't like their burgers, I admire the company and the man.
  • Bo Didley - Excellent guitarist. A true pioneer making music what it is today
  • Faith Hill - It's encouraging to see so many performers. Could we have a future star? Who knows...
  • Gerald Ford - Obviously, we've spent a lot of time hearing about his life this past week.
  • Bill Clinton - Another President? Could we be adopting a future president ourselves? Not likely as our constitution requires a person to be a BORN American citizen in order to run for president. We'll see if Arnold Schwartzenager can get that one changed...
  • Edgar Allan Poe - Quoth the Raven: Nevermore.
  • Daryl McDaniels - You may not recognize this one, but I certainly do. Daryl is the DMC part of Run DMC: The greatest rap group of all time. I still can recite every single word to their "Raising Hell" album.
  • Jesse Jackson - No comment
  • Steve Jobs - Still innovating. Will I buy an iPhone? Probablly not. The price tag is alittle steep.
  • John Lennon - Yet another music pioneer. I think I see a trend here.
  • Daunte Culpepper - He did wonderful things for my fantasy football team a few years ago.

I like these last two (2):

  • Moses
  • Jesus

Clearly, adoption is on God's Heart. Why else would the main people from both the Old AND New Testament be adopted?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really? An interesting bit of trivia that makes a great point about the importance of bringing kids into families. So glad that you are pursuing this adoption and it is exciting to know that our grandchildren will have a bright future. Nannie