Sunday, April 1, 2007

Bet your bottom dollar, it'll make you cry

Last night was "movie night" at our house. We ordered a pizza, put on our warm fuzzy jammies, turned off the lights and all sat on the couch as a family to watch a movie. Nights like these are pretty special in my opinion as we're usually going 100 miles an hour.

Of course, picking a movie that the whole family will like is difficult. We've found over time that musicals seem to appeal to all four of us the best. They're clean, happy, and entertaining to watch. (Usually)

Last night, we watched Annie. (There is a newer version with Kathy Bates as Miss Hannagan - on a side note, this new version is 1000 times better than the old version)

I hadn't really thought the whole story line through before we started, but within the first 5 minutes I was totally in tears. Here's all these little girls in an orphanage singing about wanting to find their mommies and daddies. Of course, the token "tiny" girl in the orphanage is named Molly. I pretty much lost it. Actually, I have a lump in my throat as I type.

So WARNING TO ALL OF YOU ADOPTING PARENTS: Annie may make you cry. Also, you may not want to show your kids this one for a long time. I can only imagine what type of reaction adopted kids would have toward this musical.

(Don't get me wrong, it's a great musical. I just have a whole new perspective on it).

No comments: