Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OK - Fine, I'll talk

I haven't been avoiding this blog because of Friday's events. In fact, I became wicked sick on Sunday and am just now back on my feet.

OK - So now that I've explained my absence....

Friday was stinky because we had mentally prepared to be done with our dossier. The last step was to get the documents notarized and apostilled (pronounced: APP - a - steeled.... NOT appostle like the 12 guys who followed Jesus around) In the past, I have also called this the Seal from the Secretary of State.

Anyway, to make a long short, the nice ladies at the State Office were less than helpful and, in fact, seemed to take pleasure in telling me all that was wrong with my documents. I pretty much freaked out in the office (a very effective way to show them what a great father I am) and left the office with nothing sealed.

As events unfolded, Katie made a few phone calls, our agency made a few phone calls, Katie made another trip to Lincoln, and by Tuesday we had everything solved. So what I thought would take several more weeks to get our stuff together only took 2 extra days. OK - so I didn't need to freak at the nice ladies. But these are my kids we're taking about here. I get a little defensive. (I pity the foo who mess wit my kids!!!)

HERE'S THE REALLY COOL PART:

When we mailed everything off to our agency Tuesday, we commented that it's too bad that we still have to wait for the reaccredidation. BUT our agency replied, "no, you were already registered before our accredidation was expired, so you're grandfathered in.

Woah!!!!

Now let's not get too excited. Anything is possible and I'll believe it when I see it. Nevertheless, we thought this was pretty cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree that this news is really cool. I am all re-energized for your kids to come home perhaps in a few months rather than the longer wait I had begun to think would happen. Oh, happy day!! Ba da ba da - oo-oo-oo-oo ba da ba da (or however one would write out the words to your smiley song) - while there are still steps to take, that news is certainly worth a smile. N

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, not get excited?? After such downer Friday, this couldn't get much better. I really need to get going on the blankets. I love you all so much. Grammy

Anonymous said...

We are excited you are making progress!!

Deb said...

Sorry you had a tough time getting everything apostilled. But very glad you are in the waiting for a referral officially.