Friday, April 6, 2007

OK - Go check it out

The website is operational as of today (Thanks Andrew)

www.voiceofthevoicelessconcert.com

I'm allowing my blog readers to be the first to check it out. You'll quickly notice that it's not 100% done. (A lot of the content is gibberish) But I think you'll get the point. We'll work on the details over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to start the "marketing blast" by mid to late April.

Here's your job:

Let me know your thoughts. I appreciate the help. Also, take notice to the "band info" link and scroll down to our bio. You may get a kick out of it. (Don't worry, we'll change it next week... I just thought it would be funny to leave there for awhile)

Also, the video promo is NOT the video that will be on the site. (It was only put on there as a test. I hope it's not too offensive to anyone. For the record, I didn't put it on there - my friend did it..... but one of his daughters is adopted.... so it's OK.... right?) Again, we'll change it when the real video is ready.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Elle said...

The site is nice. Easy to navigate and simple. The "promo video" is awesome! The sad thing is there are people out there just like that.

Ryan and Katie said...

Oh good. I'm glad you're not offended. I thought it was pretty darn funny, myself.

Hawk said...

I didn't watch the video but I will tomorrow (or later today, whatever!)

However, I do like the site, it is very easy to get around, very straightforward... nothing too too fancy, yet it looks better than some things I have seen.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Your site is very easy to find your way around. The video is very witty but I wondered why you would put a video (even for a short while) on a Christian site that talks about two A-holes who want to adopt?

I'm not Christian so that's not why I ask. Just curious.

Kim

Ryan and Katie said...

Kim -

The short answer: Because its funny.

The long answer: If you knew me well, you would know that I have a fairly warped sense of humor. For some reason, I find this clip funny. It's true that as a Christian, we try to refrain from using inappropriate language in our household. (Technically, the bad word was replaced with A, but it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out what they're talking about).

I'm the first to admit that I'm not a perfect person. BUT - I feel stronger that as a Christian, the world is watching me and I need to be mindful of that.

Therefore, I have asked the "web developer" to take down the video. I can't do it myself, or I would.

Kim, I'd be more than happy to engage in a peaceful conversation about my beliefs. You can find my email on my profile.