Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Birthday Party Report


We had a birthday party for Zac yesterday. Just a small family gathering. Both Katie's parents and my parents were in attendance as well Hallie and Jake.

We made iron-on t-shirts with Zac's picture. (See above. I purposely took one picture from behind so you can't see his picture... sorry. Rules are rules).

Additionally, we had a cake made with Zac's picture (Hallie chose to eat the Zac face - I think it was out of love.... I hope)

The highlight for me was that I was able to put together all the pictures and videos from our first trip to Russia and put it to music. Someday, I'll be able to show you all.

One last pleasant surprise was the email was had waiting for us this morning. It was from our (great) agency who forwarded an email from their contacts in Russia. It read:

"Yesterday they had a birthday party for Zac. They bought him a present, a big car! He and a whole group of children were taken to some entertainment session. A lot of pictures were taken and they will send them to us soon."

Some interesting points:

- They called him Zac. I call him Pasha. Funny.

- A group of them were taken to "some entertainment session". I'd love to know what that was exactly.

- "A lot of pictures were taken" - Yea! I can't wait! I'm dying to get more pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm with you....I would love to know what an "entertainment session" is! Let's translate that in English to a big old Birthday Party. :-) Forward those pictures on just as soon as they hit your box....we can't wait to see them!

Love, Jenni

Jennifer C said...

You guys are awesome! What a precious memory to share with Zac one day. Can wait to meet him! Love ya!!
Jenn

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

What a cool thing. We have been away from our boy for six months and haven't heard a thing except that he has a belly button hernia that he didn't have when we were there. It does sound like you have a great agency!

Anonymous said...

I really like reading your updates. I can't wait until your little boy is finally home. I'll be praying about it for sure.