Wednesday, October 3, 2007

We received the following email today:



Dear Ryan and Katherine,

Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we have bad news for you.

We were informed that your child was put at the account of the Federal Data Bank only on August 28, 2007. It means that the child will be available for adoption only after February 28, 2008 because according to the law, all children left without parental care must be listed at the account of the Federal Data Bank for 6 months, after that they are available for adoption.

As the regional inspector explained us, this problem appeared due to some computer failure that happened when your child’s data was first sent from the Department of Education of Kemerovo Region to Moscow Federal Data Bank.


The only thing that I can guarantee you now is that you child will have a special care during that time and I am sending you new pictures. We will provide you with any information about your child that you want.

Once again, I am very sorry that such unpleasant situation happened to you and you faced this delay.



Hmmm.... believe it or not, one of the many emotions we have is that of relief. I'm not really looking forward to waiting 5 more months, but simply KNOWING that I have wait rather than wondering day by day is somewhat comforting. Additionally, we were able to get a few new updated pictures. Zac is still as cute as ever. (Although, they must not put much value in haircuts in Russia - he's starting to look pretty "shaggy").

I'll keep the posts coming. We're refusing to let this get us down. Life is full of choices and we're going to choose to make the most of these next 5 months. Sulking for 5 months does NO GOOD whatsoever.

Have a Happy Day!!!

8 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Hi Ryan & Katie,

I've been following along with you for a while. I am so sorry to hear about your delay. I'm sure there will be some ups and downs along the way - but, your plan to maintain a positive outlook sounds so healthy.

I can relate to the strange sense of relief inherent in knowing that the day to day disappointment will be delayed for a while.

I'll be keeping all of you (esp your little one) in my prayers.

Carla

A Room to Grow said...

Wow, I was surprised to read your news yesterday evening. This must be really tough. We are also dealing with "miscommunication" issues that we have a hard time accepting (at times - intellectually I know this is typical international adoption stuff). Hang in there, I'll be waiting with you! It sounds like you have a great coordinator who is keeping you connected with Zac.

Unknown said...

Ryan and Katie,

We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

We love you all!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Sounds like they are hoping that you are Zac's family too. That is a great vote of confidence. It also sounds like by providing a new picture, they are trying to give you as much of a link to him as they can for the wait time. Who know what God wants to put in place for you and Zac during these months. It will be exciting to see as it unfolds!

Deb said...

Sounds like you have as good an attitude as you can about this terrible delay. I'll be praying for you all and for Zach. That this wait goes quickly and you are over there as soon as you can be to bring him home.

Rachael said...

Sorry for your setback. I'll keep you and little Zac in my thoughts and prayers during your delay.

I hope especially (as I'm sure you do) that he will be well cared for while he waits for his parents to come for him.

Suzanne said...

Hello,

For what it is worth, we had huge delays (different reasons) but ended up with the right timing, just not our timing. Keep the faith.

Suzanne

Valerie said...

The powers that be are telling you that your child will receive special care during this time. That's a major plus in my eyes.

During the wait, can you send pictures and gifts or make phone calls to him?