Sunday, October 7, 2007

Won't give up

Well,

Obviously we had some changes last week. Of course, we are disappointed, but by NO means have we given up hope. To be honest, I'm feeling quite a bit of relief these past few days. I didn't realize how much this "unknown" stuff was weighing on me.

I have seriously considered letting this blog go "dark" for 4 or 5 months until we're back on track with the adoption, but honestly I've grown rather addicted to the process of blogging. I never realized how theraputic it was. Plus, I don't want to disappoint my "fan base". (Anyone? Anyone? Oh yes, thanks mom... send cookies)

Therefore, I have decided to keep it going - BUT I must warn you all that I will most likely deviate from the topic of adoption. It is very likely that this will blog will be evolving into a "life at our house" type of blog. Even scarier, this may be nothing more than a "My thought of the day" blog.

I really wanted this blog to be focused on our adoption process (with the intention of Zac being able to read it someday) BUT I really don't think that I'll be able to come up with a unique and interesting way of saying "we're still waiting" for the next 143 days.

Therefore, welcome to my new blog.

6 comments:

Elle said...

Oddly enough, that is what happens to most of us during the wait. There are only so many times one can say, "we're still waiting" before the readers get bored and leave. Besides, this indulges our voyeuristic sides and lets us into your life.

Chris said...

We will never get bored, even if you tell us you are waiting. We are waiting as well. These blogs give us all strength. We will pray that your time passes quickly. Hopefully the time will be of some benefit, and you can be that much more prepared when Zac comes home.

Anonymous said...

Please keep it up....even if it's just writing about what the other four of you are up to, I love to hear what's going on in your busy days!

Love, Jenni

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That works for me! I think it will be neat to see what happens in your life in the waiting. Waiting on God is always an active thing. Building bricks will be put into place in the next 142 days that you will need as a foundation in the year ahead. I plan on checking in regularly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, come on. Don't stop for anything! You guys have a fascinating life (of course this IS Mom talking!) The next days will give us all time to pray and prepare for yet another of God's gifts. The haircut would be good though!

Rhonda said...

I'm sure your daily life is very interesting as well, so I look forward to reading it.