Saturday, June 16, 2007

A few stories from Katie

Hey everyone! It's me, Katie. I don't think I have ever posted, but I have some funny stories to share with you. I am keeping a private journal for our children to read someday, but these stories are too fun to keep to myself.

1. I was so proud of myself last night for packing contact solution in my carry-on. I put my contacts in a cup and this morning saw Ryan pick it up to put coffee in it. I said,"Ryan, wait my contacts are in there." "What," he said, "I used this cup to drink some water last night." Ryan managed to drink my contacts! Well, I brought another pair but they are in the checked baggage that is not here yet! Oh well, I am not too blind without the contacts.

2. So we ended up drinking the coffee which was very bitter and we decided to call it "starsmucks."

3. I am writing all of this while Ryan is in the bathroom using the built-in hairdryer to finishing drying our clothes from yesterday.

What a fun and funny adventure. Despite some of the mishaps we are overjoyed to be here and one day closer to meeting our children. We will post some pictures when we figure out how to download them.

6 comments:

Deb said...

I can't believe he drank your contacts! That's funny.

When do you meet the kids?

Anonymous said...

Katie - it is fun to read YOUR post too! The stories sound very much like the two of you -- mishaps and a great attitude about how to handle them. Hang in there -- the only thing that really matters is getting to meet your children -- even if you have wet clothes, poor eyesight, and starsmucks breath. Enjoy!!! N & P

Anonymous said...

I will try to blog again. Yesterday I commented to you that you now have a 91 year old grandma who knows how to blog as well. Yes, Grandma read your entire blog and loved it. No, she is not able to comment, nor am I yet, but I will keep on trying. We are anxiously awaiting the photos that you are taking. Are you in the N town now? How long did it take you to fly there? On Google it looks like a small town out of the way, so was your flight to another place and then a drive to where you need to be?
Love you all, Aunt Anica and Uncle Jeff How do you say aunt and uncle in Russian?

Anonymous said...

The kids are going to love these stories! You (and Molly and Zach)are both in my thoughts I am checking your site multiple times a day to keep updated! Good Luck and what a Father's Day Present!-Jacy

Anonymous said...

Good morning Katie. It sounds like everything is going quite well in spite of the luggage. We find ourselves running to the computer to read your story. We are so incredibly proud of you and Ryan. You are within a day of meeting Zac and Molly!!! Selfish me can't wait to hold our new grandchildren. Doug was wandering around last night continually commenting on how many grandchildren he now has. How do people survive with only one or two. I think his male hormones were creeping in or something. God is working all the time to complete your family. We love you and be safe. Grammy

Anonymous said...

This family is following your story way across the world in Ohio! We are re-living our adoption in Sept. of 2005!!! Even our teen son runs to read the newest updates! Please do keep posting.

Now if you develop powers of vision in unusual places . . . we'll all know what happened!

Have a safe trip--and wait to say what you think for sure about Aeroflot till you fly on them in-country! LOL! ;-)