Thursday, June 21, 2007

Home at last

Yes, we made it home last night. All of our flights went fine. We caught up with our baggage in Moscow. (Better late than never). I will say that our baggage experience has taught me a lot for the second trip in as far as knowing what I REALLY need to bring with me. Indeed, a person can survive a long time without their luggage. By the end of the trip, I didn't even feel like I was missing anything.

As I said before, I have tons of stories to share for the next several weeks. But it doesn't feel right merely diving right into the stories.

I feel the need to talk about Molly some more. Our trip home was an emotional one. Additionally, today has been tough. It's like in movies where the big tough guy is strong during the battle and then after the let down, goes behind the building and cries like a baby. That's the way I feel today. I'm home - there is a huge relief - and now I cry. I cry for little Molly. We've all been crying.

I can't begin to describe the feelings I have .... I'm just sitting here at my keyboard with absolutely nothing to type.

So I guess our funny adventures will have to wait. I just don't feel like being funny today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God bring peace to you and continue to bless your family and Zac and Molly with His love. We are glad you are home again with family and friends who can give you love and support to deal with the emotions of the past week - the sad and joyful moments you have experienced. Love, N

Anonymous said...

Ryan and Katie, thanks for your incredible love and honesty. Mr. Zac will have an amazing life with his new family and Molly will be tenderly loved by her Russian family. Smile and remember that this is exactly what God planned. I can't wait to see Hallie explaining "life" and HER expectations to Zac. Jake will want to play ball. Love forever and ever. G

Anonymous said...

This is probably something that will be with you forever and is an experience that you will draw on...someday, somewhere, you are going to be able to use this to help someone else. Maybe another family considering adoption, maybe one that has had to go through the same thing. Nothing is comforting like someone who has experienced similar circumstances. I find it so amazing that already you have had people come into your life while on the trip to give you reassurance that she is going to be well cared for. Rest assured that God can take much better care of her than any of us and he has a plan for her. Prayer will always surround Molly...and love, joy, and excitement is currently surrounding Zac by this group! You guys are both amazing, loving people that are doing the best thing for your entire family. I'm so proud of both of you!

Love, Jenni

Rhonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ryan and Katie, We are praying for you and your family and little Molly. We don't know the details but the Holy Spirit does and intercedes for us. We are proud of the way you have stepped out and answered the Lord's call in your life to adopt. Sometimes it gets messy and hurts like crazy...but then the Lord gives you joy in the midst of it. Our prayers are with you and we pray for a speedy court appointment for Zac. Love, Rachel and Kendall

Anonymous said...

It's Ok to grieve. It really is. Molly will always hold a special place in your hearts. Thank you for being real with all of us. Like another commenter said, You don't know how someday God will use all of this in your lives and the lives of others. Doesn't ease the pain, but maybe it lends a bit of "sense" to it--maybe . . . .