Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pictures from trip

It's about 12:30am and I can't sleep. (Darnit) I guess the jet lag thing still has to work it's way out of my system. (Or maybe my body got used to sleeping every other night) Either way, here's some pix:



This is a typical tourist picture that everyone takes while in Moscow. Of course, this is Red Square.


Gorbechev was hanging out outside the walls of the Kremlin. (not really, it was a stunt double)



Me being a dork:


Katie being a dork:


This was our room at our Hotel, the Novokuznetskya. We were very pleased with our rooms. Truthfully, we were very pleased with the whole hotel. Great service. A+




This is the lobby of our hotel.



You smart people may think that this is a Russian style urinal. The truth is that this was in the WOMEN'S bathroom. (yes, ladies: you figure it out) Notice the grips for your feet. (Note to Future Female Russian Travelers: Don't worry too much about this, Katie only ran across this style of toilet once on our trip.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAHH!!! The potty thing has me laughing! I think my jaw would drop if I walked in and realized (after confirming that I WAS in the womens bathroom)what was expected! Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Love, Jenni

Elle said...

Ahh the squatty potty. Glad you got a photo. I saw them a few times, but never had my camera on me (either that or a Korean woman was walking into the washroom just as I was about to snap a photo). Needless to say I'm awfully proud you took a photo of a potty.

A Room to Grow said...

great photos! now the real question... are you supposed to go while facing the wall or the other way around?

Anonymous said...

Try doing using the squat pot at almost 7 months preggo!!! That was my experience when adopting our DD! Fun, FUN, FUN!!! Ran into them several times on our adoption journey.