Friday, June 22, 2007

Let's talk about Zac

It's time to tell specific Zac stories. As much as I want to post his beautiful pictures all over this blog, I am advised to wait until the adoption is final. (Maybe 8 more weeks?) So I'll focus on his baby home instead. As I mentioned in a previous blog, Zac's baby home was wonderful. Let me take you on a tour:


Here is the inside of Zac's baby home. You can tell that it's very clean and full of bright colors and toys.




Look at all the cute little clothes hanging out to dry.


This is part of the outside playground where the kids play daily. (In the summertime anyway)




This is the main hallway going down the first floor.




The Kitchen where all the kids' food is prepared




The view from the outside.



Here is the bathroom where the kids wash up.



The beds. Can you believe that a bunch of 2 year olds all sleep in the same room? This looks a lot like the sleeping dorm in my fraternity back in college. Even as 20 year olds we didn't handle it very well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we feel badly when 2 children have to "share" a room? He will be elated to have Jake in his room. Somehow I see the boys as becoming the best of friends. Jake has so much to teach Zac...and Zac can teach Jake for that matter. Or..Zac can teach Hallie, the queen of "i don't like it." when certain food are being promoted. I am just so anxious to see him at home. I need to get to bed. I have to be up in 3 hours to get to the airport, but I better not complain about anythig after your experience, Love you! Grammy

Anonymous said...

These photos are amazing...it's so different from what we are used to...but it's so much nicer than what I was expecting. I'm not sure exactly what that was, but this is nicer!

How different his world will become! Exciting to just think about him coming home.

Love, Jenni

Chris Goeppner said...

As orphanages go, this one looks great. I wish all of them could be as clean and cheerful looking as Zac's.
You guys are truly blessed!
-Penny

A Room to Grow said...

Interesting to see the orphanage photos. Thanks for sharing.

Tasha Kent said...

Even though there are many beds in one room, your pictures have given me hope! I have been warned to expect the worst (no toys, etc.) so it's heartwarming to see things where kids can get their stimulation. Best of luck in Russia!