Sunday, June 17, 2007

Here in Novokuznetsk

Woah! We made it. There is so much to tell but we've only got about 30 minutes and then we head to see Zac! Yea! Then we'll go see Molly this afternoon.

We'll let everyone know as much as we can after that.

(Message to Family)
We can't get Skype working yet. The laptop in the business center has Skype loaded onto it but it doesn't have a webcam or speakers.... Duh... But take note that it is possible to merely send typed messages to each other. It's a start.

So this is it for now, but we'll mess with it more tonight when we get back.

Some highlights:
1. We officially don't have our luggage. We found some decent priced clothes at the Levi's store of all places.
2. We saw Red Square yesterday. Pictures will come soon.
3. We actually went to the wrong airport last night, but it wasn't that big of a deal - But nevertheless, it added to this craziness called Russian Adoption.
4. I made a friend on the plane last night. While Katie was sleeping, I was invited to the front section of the plane to chit-chat with Sergei. We met while waiting for the bathroom and in know time we were friends. He bought me a shot of Cognac and we played Charades for about 30 minutes. This was b/c he didn't speak a lick of English and my Russian is even worse. But we're buddies now.

Anyway, back to the adoption topic: Like I said, we leave in a short while to head to the first orphage. It's a crazy feeling. Katie made the comment that it's kinda like the 9th month of pregnancy. You really start to believe that it's never really going to happen.

But now it's here. And I can't believe it's really happening.

Last note: I literally have gotten 1 night of sleep the past 3 nights. I don't think I've ever done that before. (even in Jr High when I was full of energy) I actually feel kinda dizzy and have a hard time finishing my...

What was I talking about? whatever. I've gotta go!

The next post should be a BIG one.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First installment of many answered prayers. What a GREAT Father's Day message. -- Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I have been checking the computer all evening... and here is a message. Jenni calls on a regular basis. We are all so excited!!! Thank you so much for thinking of us. I think you are with Zac as I write. Dad and I said an "out loud" prayer for all of you. We talked to H and J on Skype an hour ago. They are in grandparent heaven. Warren is fine and REALLY in need of loving pats. Your neighbor, Ben, came out to see us. He is so anxious to know how everything is going. Pastor Mark talked to us this morning and said he is with you in spirit. WE LOVE YOU! (Shouted) Grammy

Anonymous said...

We said a prayer tonight for Mommy, Daddy, Molly and Zac. We are happy that you are all together in Russia. We love you. Hallie and Jake

Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Katie and Ryan,

Now as you are just one time zone away from us here in the Philippines, I can pray for you on "real time". I'm thinking of your journey and meeting Molly and Zac! We praise God for opening these doors and opening your family for Molly and Zac.

Also, those stories are too great! The "Frogger" example is all too familiar to me, too, and as many people commented, drinking contacts is just too crazy. You two have the most amazing attitudes of anyone I know.

Praying for you,
Jessica in the Philippines

Deb said...

Oh, I can't wait to hear about your meeting the kids. Hope both meetings go very well.

Anonymous said...

It seems so strange not to be there near you -- to be able to see and hug you and share in your joy after your first moments with your new children. I loved being able to be near when H and J were born -- I am so thankful for this blog, emails and skypes that give us a way to connect as you bring new children into our family. Wishing I could be there to express my love directly -- just know I am totally there with you in thought and prayer - and VERY anxious to hear from you about your fist moments with Zac and Molly. LAF, Mom