Monday, June 11, 2007

Getting organized

I'd like to thank you all for the encouraging posts on my last message. It was uplifting to hear everyone so optimistic that the IRS will act in a timely manner. (right....)

Anyway, we're gearing up to travel to Russia! Whew! Talk about emotions: Scared, excited, nervous, exultant.... (I subscribe to a word of the day blog)

But seriously, we've got some interesting issues around here. For example, we're trying to figure out all that we need to run our computer while overseas. First of all we've got to plug it in. This requires an adapter as well as a voltage converter. (Actually, the computer already has a converter - but Katie's hairdryer requires one. In the last few days I've been made aware exactly how important a woman's hairdryer is to them) Secondly, we've got to connect to a phone line. Or do we have wireless? Then of course, I had a bunch of issues with setting up my remote access system for work. And lets not forget that my laptop is a Mac, so I had some compatibility issues with the work stuff. Additionally, I had to practice putting both videos and pictures on the computer and immediately converting everything so that we'll be able to email the crew when we're overseas.

But after a lot of work, I think I've got it all figured out. If I royally screw everything up, at least I've got two trips, right?

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

A hairdryer is a MUST have! :-) Can't wait to read about your trip!