Thursday, April 10, 2008

Airlines

My latest and greatest worry:

Having our flights cancelled at the last minute and missing our courtdate. (Has anyone heard of someone missing their courtdate? What happens?)

With all this mahem about the FAA pulling entire fleets from service, I'm a little freaked out. (Until we have the kid home, I'm going to continue to worry.... I know I'm not supposed to worry, but that's just the way it is)

Anyway, I looked and we're taking a Canadair Regional Jet to Atlanta and a 767 to Moscow. To my knowledge neither one of these fleets have been pulled... yet. Once we get to Moscow, I'm not too worried about Russia cancelling any flights on account of safety.

In fact, I looked up what type of plane we're taking from Moscow to Novokuzenetsk. I was fortunate enough to find a picture of the actual plane.

See below:



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious post. I thought I remembered an actual cabin on the Russian aircraft, but perhaps that was a figment of our sleep-deprived imagination.

--"A" from "A and D"

Tiger & Kar said...

Ohmygoodness! I can't stop laughing! Love the line about Russia not cancelling flights for safety reasons...and then that great photo of the plane to your region. This was a great post!

Unknown said...

I hope there's room for your luggage or is it just strapped on to the wing?
:)
Lisa

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Actually, Ryan and Katie, they DID pull planes in Russia for safety reasons . . . . back in Sept. of 2005. One that Mr. Putin was riding in had a brake failure (no crash, thankfully, but some kind of a nerve-wracking ending on the run-way--details were a bit scarce) and ALL the Aeroflot planes of that make were pulled--just in time to mess up our return to the USA with Dd!!!! We still got home--just a day later than planned and with a lot of extra stress . . . (had to spend the night in New York City), and had to come home through JFK instead of Washington-Dulles. But we made it home.

Keep your sense of humor! It'll get you through!

Carrie said...

I was worried about not making it on time too. First I worried about missing our flight even though we had 8 hours at DME then when it started snowing and we were sliding all over the road in Kemorovo. But we made it. Try to relax - I KNOW it is hard.

The airplane picture is hysterical.

Jennifer C said...

Love the airplane pic! You and Katie should get some of those old fashioned glasses and leather caps you always see pilots in the old days wearing. That might make an even better Christmas pic than the passport photos!:)
jenn

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Pack lightly!

hope2adopt said...

You might want to bring some jackets and flying helmets- I can see you in the leather helmets with the flaps and goggles- Best of luck, I can't wait to see Pasha!!!