Sunday, April 13, 2008

He loves me.... He loves me not.

There is a little boy at our church who was born within a week or so of Zac. Over the past 10 months, I find myself frequently staring at him and daydreaming about Zac. I can tell that I must be sending "creepy vibes" his way, because he'll catch me looking at him with FAR TOO MUCH love in my eyes and then he'll usually hide behind whoever's leg he's standing by.

Today, I tried to be a little cooler when I saw him. I said, "Hey Austin! Can I have a five?" (holding out my hand) He simply shook his head and said, "No".

Oh. Well, I did ask him if I could give him a five - I suppose he has the right to say no.

I couldn't help but think about Zac and our first encounter. (for those that don't know, Zac didn't exactly warm up to us on our first trip) Will we pick up where we left off? or will he be a whole new happy kid?

I guess I'll just have to wait 1 more week to find out.

By the way, we leave Friday - We'll see him Monday - Court is Tuesday - Gotcha Day is Wednesday.... hopefully. Gotcha Day is subject to change.

1 comment:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I had the same deal with several little boys. A boy at Awana, a boy at church ... but at least they were baby boys and probably didn't note any difference in the intensity of my attention vs. anyone elses. Dmitry was 8 1/2 mos. on trip #1 and so I was very drawn to baby boys this age during our 7 month between trip wait. It was a comfort to see them and know somewhere hidden from my view, my little boy was in the world too. It was such an emotionally painful experience to get on a plane after so many months of waiting and then just zip right over to him and realize all over again what a short distance had kept us miserable and apart from him for all those months. In retrospect, I would have made an in between trip to see him. In fairness, we thought each new day we waited was our last and that if we would just hold on a 'little' longer we would get the call. So, I guess we couldn't of known to make an in between trip because we never dreamed our in between would be so lengthy! Reminds me of someone else... I'm so glad that next week is YOUR week!