Monday, April 21, 2008

On our way to court

Remember how I said that I wanted to blog everything? Let me tell you, these big moments are so hard to blog about.

It's all happening so fast.

We flew all Sunday night. (as I've mentioned) We cleaned up in less than an hour, saw Zac, then went back to the hotel and slept for 7 hours. Now we're really really messed up with our sleep. We basically woke up at 8:00pm Novo time, came down and blogged but had to hurry and eat dinner because the Fork & Spoon closes at 10:00pm. (The Fork & Spoon is a "Boston Market" type of restaurant that is 50 yards from the hotel. It's too close, inexpensive and yummy not to eat there).

By the time we got back, the computer lab was shut down for the night. It didn't open back up until 6:00 Tuesday morning. (Which is now) Of course, we were up all night. We may have slept 1 or 2 hours. After a while, we gave up and watched movies. (Napolean Dynamite and Mission Impossible 2)

We leave for court in about 30 minutes, so I'm trying to type like crazy. (Sorry if there are typos. I pride myself in double checking for errors, but that might not happen with this post). Surprisingly, I'm not too nervous. The big relief was right after we came into Novo. One of the first questions I asked Lena was "Has anyone ever been turned down at court?". Her answer was "Never". That was a huge relief.

I'm not sure if my picture posted or not. This computer that I'm using is weird. It's very difficult to nagivate through because most everything is in Russian. (Cyrillic). Additionally, it won't pull up any pictures or icons. Most the time, I have to guess what I'm clicking on. Or go off of memory.

I can't convey enough how well everything has gone on this trip. I know we've gathered up a lot of prayers, but this has exceded my expections. Clearly, God has been working miracles. I told Katie that it's times like this were having faith is EASY. Some of the things have been small. (Getting our luggage). Other things have been pretty big. (Getting us to Novo on a brand new plane. - Even Lena said that she had never seen or heard of that plane before. Were we the first?) And other things have been down right HUGE. (The way Zac was yesterday). He was so incrediblly wonderful. It's a given that I love him no matter how he acts, but we had so much FUN yesterday. He laughed, played, talked. It was awesome. We have some great video. I watched that a lot last night too.

We have court at 10:00 a.m. this morning (9:00 p.m. CST-please pray!) and then we apparently have to sit around for 3 hours while Lena does "paperwork". Then we have a 3 hour drive home. I probablly won't post until late tonight. (Early Wed morning for you all)

Then we get him Wednesday morning. AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

snadbee said...

Congratulations! I'm a friend of "A," as in "D&A." SO happy and excited for all of you... thank you for keeping everyone updated. Please tell "A" we're thinking of you all.

Carrie said...

A NEW PLANE!!! Really? You are so lucky. That is the worst part of the trip for me - those old, small, HOT planes!!

I am so excited for you. I know things will go great. You are in good hands.

G and G said...

O.K I am stalking your blog! Except I don't think it is stalking when everyone knows the level of excitedness! You will certainly be in our prayers tonight. Thanks for your dedication to writing. We love you both and pray for nothing but positives.

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Got the time figured out that you'll be in court for our time zone, and plan to stop and pray then--already praying as I go about our work . . . looked up where you are on the map and showed the children tonight, and talked again about where we were when we were in Russia adopting our Dd, and how so many people prayed for us while we were in court, leading to such an easy time there . . . ahhh, the memories of the Lord's faithfulness!! ;-) We are praying for the same peace and blessing to be upon you--for the heart of the Judge to be turned towards you, and for wisdom in all you say and do.

Russian Adoption Chronicles said...

Can't wait to hear how court went!

A new plane? A new Tupo? They even make those anymore?

Tiger & Kar said...

Hey guys! If I did my math right, your court starts in about 30 minutes? It's 9:25pm, Monday evening for me.

I am so happy everything has gone so well for you on this trip. You certainly deserve it after all you've been through. We'll definitely be praying for you through the night & can't wait to read your update.

Best of Luck,
Karyn & Norm

Kelli said...

Wow, I just checked in, I guess you are at court right now! Good luck!

Shane & Marie said...

I followed your journey before your blog went private. I was happy to see that it went public again because I have often wondered what has been going on with your family. I am so thrilled to read that you made it back over there and that court went wonderful. Congrats! He is a doll!