Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Flag: Check

No epic stories today. (Sorry)

We're checking off just about everything on our "to do" list before we leave next week. (Yes, I said next week!)

Aside from the typical list, (tickets, reservations, visas, packing, blah, blah, blah) we did something kinda cool. We ordered a flag to be flown over the U.S. Capitol in honor of Zac. We debated as to which date to fly the flag: Court date, Gotcha date, Coming Home date.

We decided on the Court date (April 22nd) as everything else is contingent upon our 10 days being waved.

I just thought this was kind of a cool thing to do. Too bad we don't have a flag pole...

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think the flag thing is a great idea!! I am so glad you guys are getting ready to travel - right now I just can't wait to be home. Everything is going fine - I am just sooo homesick - mostly I miss Sophie.

The questions in court were very basic. She asked us general information about us, about Sophie (we provided pictures) and how she was feeling about a brother. That was about it. Scott went first and then me (we were both in there together just questioned separately). After it was all said and done she let us take her picture. The worst part of the day is waiting for all the paperwork to be wrapped up before heading back to Novokuznetsk. It is a long day.

Chris Goeppner said...

That is so cool! I didn't know you could do that! Wow, what a neat story to tell your son when he gets older.=) We are very excited for you guys!