Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Now it's OFFICIAL

Truth be known, I've been carrying a secret with me. I'm not sure why I didn't share this on the blog last week:

Although we did get our courtdate last Tuesday, we still did not have official confirmation that our region had received the official letter from the Databank saying that Zac had been released.

Therefore, we were very tenative about our April 22nd courtdate.

Well, today it's official. It was confirmed that the letter was received from the Databank. We're officially traveling to Russia! We even started booking flights and hotels (apartments) today. I can't tell you what a huge weight has been lifted.

Tonight will be the first night in over 9 months that I won't have to go to sleep wondering "Will tomorrow finally be the day that Zac is released?" It's almost like that thought has become me. It defined me.

Well, not anymore. That chapter has officially come to a close. It's been a good chapter. Not exactly an easy chapter. Certainly a very confusing chapter. But in the end, I have come to experience a deeper understanding of patience and surrender. These are good attributes to carry around, I have learned.

3 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

What a huge relief for your family. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!! Praise the Lord!!! Bring our grandson home!!! Love Nannie and Poppie

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Isn't this the best feeling in the world?! You can breathe and get excited now!