Monday, April 28, 2008

Doctor Visit

Went to the doctor's today.  The whole thing lasted about 45 minutes max.  As any good doctor visit, it was about 40 minutes of waiting and about 5 minutes of checking over Zac.  He has some skin thing going on, but otherwise is very healthy.  Zac had one of his "AH BOO DOO Zac Attacks" when we were leaving, but most everyone assumed that he had just had a shot or something.  - So no one really minded the scene.


We spent the rest of the day taking it easy.  Can I just say that this kid is amazing?  We really continued to see some amazing improvement in his attachment, behavior and development.  (And it's only been 5 days!) 

Zac is already giving us hugs and KISSES without our asking.  For the first few days we had to ask him, show him, force him.... whatever.  But today, (when things were going well for him) he would run right up to us and smack a big kiss right on our lips.  It's been a wonderful day.
Zac was also really showing off how smart he is today.  He already is understanding and using some English words.  He says, "More please"  "Milk" and "All done".  What's more, he can point to his nose, ears, eyes, and mouth when we ask him IN ENGLISH.  It should also be noted that he can clearly understand a lot of our phrases.  "Come here" "stop" "wait" "Do you want me to pick you up?"  "Stop picking your nose and eating it".  (which he does far too often...)

I'm kidding about the last one, but as far as his progress in such a short amount of time, this isn't the norm is it?  We're thinking that this is too good to be true....
Tomorrow we head to the Embassy.  Hope all goes well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love every update. I can't get out of my heart that your journey is exactly what happens when we allow God to "adopt" us... of course it's love and trust right away! Because we know that we know we have found our Father - we know that we are loved more than we have ever been before and we can trust Him even if we haven't ever trusted any other person before.

I love it. =]

Unknown said...

Zac is so adorable! It sounds like things are going so well for the 3 of you. Zac sounds like a very bright child who is already attaching to you, how wonderful! You must have gone to see Dr. Boris as I recognize the room and the toy that Zac is playing with on the wall from your picture. Did he tell you that Zac is a charmer and going to have to fight off the ladies? He told me that about my son and then I found out that was one of his standard lines! Good luck at the Embassy tomorrow and have fun meeting all of the other new parents! Just think you will be back home in no time! Those long months of waiting will now start to seem like a distant memory (that's how it has been for me now that my son has been home 6 months the challenges of the 8 month wait between trips seems like a lifetime ago. Enjoy this time...isn't it wonderful!

Congratulations!

Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Katie and Ryan,

I finally got to read your blog and I am PRAISING GOD for this wonderful report!! Thank you for sharing such amazing stories and pictures. We are so excited for you and thankful that Zac is so loved and welcomed into your family!

From Nebraska,
Jessica (and Nate)

Anonymous said...

In reply to your comment on my blog..

Okay, so yeah I didn't realize that I said that again. haha! I'm sure it will happen again tomorrow too. =]

And your mom called me last night; we're all squared away! We've been taking care of things well while you're gone. Actually, I haven't taken care of anything, but I just like to say that. ha!

By the way, I need to come over and search your house for my pink drumsticks. I may need them for church! (It's Church on the Move, by the way.)

I love you all so much! See you at the airport!!!!!

A Room to Grow said...

yes, you'll probably be speaking 100% english to him very soon. rita picked things up very very fast too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is fitting into this family so well. We are anticipating every minute until we get to meet him and know the 3 of you are back home. Good Luck on the rest of your journey and everything. Enjoy...it looks like you are. He certainly looks especially happy to be with you. Can't wait to hear about the Jake and Hallie meeting for the first time on your blog. We will keep watching. Aunt Anica and Uncle Jeff

Chris said...

We recognized the exam room too. Zac must have met the famous Dr. Boris!

Have a great trip home! The best part is going through immigration, where Zac becomes a citizen!