Wednesday, April 23, 2008

\pictures!! finally

hey everyone!

i finally figured out the picture thing. i hope you enjoy them! things continue to go well here. for some reason, my computer doesn't let me capitalize anything now. it's always something.

zac slept pretty well. at one point he fell out of our bed - which is only about 8 inches off the floor thank heavens. the sad part was that he didn't even cry. although i've seen hallie do that before. maybe it's not that big of a deal. he may have just been really tired.

anyway, we're planning another quiet day today. tomorrow i have to drive to kemerovo again. i'm not really looking forward to that, but it needs to be done.

the bonding thing is going amazingly well. he already proactively gave me a hug this morning. he is also talking with a lot more enthusiasm.

The weather has indeed been incredibly warm. i'm sure that we hit 70 yesterday. of course, i packed 2 sweaters and a button down shirt. therefore, i had to buy a t shirt yesterday. i should be much more comfortable today.

gotta go! my boy is destroying the computer lab!





9 comments:

kbjohnso said...

What a handsome young man--congratulations to all of you! Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Precious child. Proud and happy parents. What a wonderful beginning for Zac and his Mom and Dad. N
P.S. The skype time was awesome! It is amazing that he already can sign and say so many animal sounds - when he hears them from you in English after only one day. Wow!! He'll be fluent by the time he returns home.

Jennifer C said...

What a handsome little boy. I love the picture of Zac and Katie...precious!
Jenn:)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi, Katie!

Zac is a beautiful little boy!! It made me weep reading about his bedtime "routine." Poor baby. Owen rocked himself to sleep sitting straight up and when he woke up during the night the first night we had him. We quickly broke that cycle by rocking him ourselves before laying him down to sleep and immediately picking him up and rocking him when he woke up during the night. Sweet little Zac... Good for you for noticing this as something that appears great on the outside but that may actually need to be changed a bit to help Zac learn to depend on you for comfort.

I can't wait to read and see more! Have a great first few days together! I am SO happy for you!!!!
Adrienne

G and G said...

I just showed Hallie the pictures. She thinks "He is so cute!" So do we!

yorkiemom said...

Oh my goodness he is so precious. I just love those eyes!!

Congratulations again.

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We do not have Internet currently, so I'm having to d/l from my parents wireless connection and then read your blog once home. Even though I've been following along, I haven't been able to comment.

Anyway, I'm so glad court went so well for you. I enjoyed reading about court, your first visit with zac, and especially love the video and updated pictures.

You have and will continue to be in my prayers for a safe journey home. So glad you are already doing paperwork to begin your journey home. It won't be long now.

Many blessings and lots of love coming your way!

The Reade Family said...

You are all glowing with happiness! So many answers to prayers...we are so happy for you!
Love, Jess and Chad

Unknown said...

What great news and great pictures! We are so happy for you!!! Love, Angie and Joe and Austin