Monday, April 21, 2008

We saw him!!!


YEA!!! YEA!!! YEA!!!


We saw him today and everything went great. He was happy, healthy, fun.... the list goes on and on. I can't believe how much he's grown! (But kids do that, I suppose) We were able to see him for about an hour and a half today. (And we managed to capture about 45 minutes of video).


I'd love to post some of the video but our internet connection here is done by using "their computer" in the computer lab. Therefore, it's really difficult to do. Sorry. I'll figure something out soon.


We played a lot with Zac! And what an active 2 year old he is. Holy cow! Once he fully warmed up to us. (which took all of 10 minutes) he began throwing a ball with us, stacking blocks, playing peek-a-boo. The biggest hit was playing "food". This game involved handing us different plastic toy foods and we would pretend to eat it. Then we'd give them back and he would pretend to eat it. VERY cute.


At one point, he even stated, "Nyet Mama". (He's two, what better word is there besides NO?) But it was so cute when he said Mama. He even called me Papa at one point. Actually, he's talking quite a bit. Our small Russian vocab has helped a lot. Now I wish we knew more. He's very responsive to the orphanage caretakers when they speak Russian to him.

More to come later.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Blessed Day! Can't wait for the next installment!
Lisa

Jennifer C said...

AHHHHHH....I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am for you! I have tears in my eyes because I cannot fathom the emotions you must have felt after seeing you son again. God is so good...so faithful...so worthy of our trust. Love you guys so much!
Jenn

G and G said...

WOW! Praise God for his gift. It was wonderful talking to you. I'm with Jennifer, I have cried off and on since your post last night. We are all well here and just so pleased and releived that things are going well. We do so appreciate your blogs and calls. Thanks for being so considerate of all your family and friends. We love you so much!

Carrie said...

Yeah!!! It is here - Can you believe it? I will be thinking of you tonight as it will tomorrow in Novokuznetsk/Kemorovo. I can't wait to hear about court. It will go great. Good luck and Congratulations!!!!

Steveg said...

We're so happy you arrived safely luggage and all. More importantly you got to spend time with Zac.

Good luck in court!!

The Reade Family said...

We can't imagine how it felt to finally see Zac again! We are so happy for you both, and we are praying for your big day in court tomorrow!

Jess and Chad

Anonymous said...

God be with you as your travel to court and meet with the judge for your adoption. We will have you in our prayers tonight. Love, Nannie, Poppie, Hallie, Jake

Message from Jake: "I love you Mommy and Daddy."

Message from Hallie: "I love you. I hope Zac comes home safe."